Certible temporarily offering remote-proctored online exams
In compliance with current government and medical advice to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and to protect the health of our staff, customers and the wider public, Certible is exclusively offering remote exams until further notice.
Candidates who have already scheduled (as well as new candidates) can switch to remote exams subject to fulfilling the below requirements.
Remote Proctoring is currently available for the following exams:
Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering:
iSAQB CPSA: Certified Professional for Software Architecture:
UXQB CPUX: Certified Professional for Usability & User Experience:
ISTQB: Certified Tester
ICPMSB CPMS: Certified Professional for Medical Software:
Test Process Improver
* IREB CPRE – Expert Level, iSAQB CPSA – Advanced Level, und TMMi – Test Process Improver: these certifications do not include a theoretical (multiple-choice) exam and can always be taken remotely.
When can I take my remote exam?
We are very flexible and want all candidates to be able to take their chosen exam at a time suitable to them. On our exam registration page you can submit your preferred exam date & time, which we will endeavour to cater to. In the unlikely event that your requested exam is not possible we will contact you to arrange an alternative.
We can also offer exams outside of the times listed – simply contact us to request your exam appointment.
In what countries are remote exams available?
How can I register for my remote exam?
To register, please visit our exam registration page and select the online exam. After receiving your registration we will contact you to confirm your appointment.
The original exam regulations as defined by each exam’s respective board still apply. All aspects of the exam besides the requirement for a physical presence remain unchanged, including:
- Exam rules
- Duration (including the allowance for extra time)
- No external aids are permitted
- Exam fees
- Identification requirement
- Breaks are not permitted during the exam
Additional exam regulations
- All Certible exams are “closed-book” exams, external aids of any kind are prohibited.
- It is not permitted to take notes, whether electronically or otherwise.
- Candiates must take the exam in full screen
- Copying, recording or saving of exam questions, or attempting to do so, is not allowed. Exam questions are the intellectual property of their respective boards and in case of a breach of copyright the boards can take direct legal action against candidates (penalty up to EUR 10.000,- per question).
- Once the exam has started, leaving the browser window or ending fullscreen mode will immediately end the exam. The use of aids such as notes, books, documents or other electronic aids is prohibited. The candidates attention must remain focussed on the screen throughout the exam. The wearing of headphones or headsets is also not permitted. Communication with others of any type is prohibited.
- If our invigilator suspects a breach in the exam regulations, the exam attempt will be forfeitted. This decision is at the invigilator’s discretion and is final.
Technical requirements for remote exams
This specification is intended as a guide for a smooth exam attempt. If these requirements present difficulties please contact us; we will work to find a solution.
- An undisturbed workplace
- A fast, stable internet connection (>1MBps)
- High quality webcam and microphone
- Computer with one of the following browsers
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Privacy and data protection with Certible remote exams
We at Certible are of the firm belief that remote exams are possible without compromising privacy or data protection. We go far beyond mere GDPR compliance in our respect for your privacy:
- ID verification is exclusively performed live - we do not save any copies of candidates’ identity documents.
- Exam supervision is also entirely live - no audio or video recordings are saved.
- The entire exam and all data are hosted and transmitted within the EU.
Exam supervision is only performed by Certible’s (permanently) employed invigilators (located within the EU), we do not use outsourcing or freelancers.
- All data is collected and processed exclusively by Certible, we do not pass candidate / exam data to third parties.
What to expect from the remote exam
We know preparing for an exam can be daunting. To help make the online exam as seamless as possible, we’ve provided some screenshots and descriptions of the exam process.
Familiarise yourself with Certible’s remote exam interface now
Any questions? We’d be happy to assist. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.