Certified Professional for Software Architecture – Foundation Level (CPSA®-F) is the first level of the iSAQB® CPSA® program.
The iSAQB® Certified Professional for Software Architecture programme (CPSA®) provides software architects with a standardised scheme for initial and further training that is globally recognised. The curriculum of the Foundation Level includes general terms of Software Architecture. Therein, also the role of the software architect is emphasized, and state-of-the-art methods are utilized to create software architectures.
Candidates participating in a licensed ‘CPSA® Foundation Level’ training course learn about:
- the concept and significance of software architecture,
- tasks and responsibilities of software architects
- the role of software architects within projects,
- state-of-the-art methods and techniques for developing software architectures.
The focus is on the acquisition of the following skills:
- consulting representatives from requirements management, project management, testing and development involved in a shared project in order to make essential decisions on software architecture together,
- documenting and communicating software architectures on the basis of views, architecture patterns and technical concepts,
- understanding the main steps necessary for developing software architectures as well as implementing these independently in small and medium-sized systems
As a neutral association the iSAQB® is not entitled to offer exams but provides training associations.
The Curriculum and examination requirements are listed on the iSAQB® Website. Please make sure to use the lastest version of the documents for the exam preparation.
To prepare for your iSAQB CPSA® exam you have a choice of Training Providers as well as a body of official Self-Study literature to use individually or in addition to a training.
To take your exam, simply visit our Exam Registration and choose your desired exam type, language, and a location and date that suits you. Find more information on the CPSA scheme and upcoming exam dates here.
There are no formal preconditions to take the CPSA® Foundation Level exam.
CPSA® Foundation Level is a multiple-choice exam.
iSAQB CPSA certificates have lifetime validity.