Book and take your ISTQB® remote-proctored exam with Certible today
Flexible Appointments – No Installation Required – Beyond GDPR Compliance
We are sorry, your browser is too old for our new registration page. Please click here for our legacy version.
Why should I take my exam with Certible?
- Flexible appointments – We are generally able to offer candidates their choice of appointment, even at short notice or for evening or weekend exams. Even after booking you can postpone, change or cancel your appointment free of charge.
- Accessibile exam – Our remote exam is entirely web-based and requires
no installationon candidates’ computers. Any operating system is supported as long as our basic technical requirements are met.
- Privacy and data protection – while many certification bodies use third-party service providers to offer online exams, at Certible we developed our own system and employ our own invigilators. All our employees and technical infrastructure are located within the European Union and candidates’ personal data is never passed to third parties, providing for optimal GDPR compliance. We won’t even use your details for our own marketing purposes!
- All-inclusive service – we do not charge extra for a high-quality printed certificate plus postage, in addition to your digital certificate, online verification on our website and (optionally) your entry into the official ISTQB Successful Candidate Register (SCR)®. Changes or cancellations to registrations are also no problem and free of charge.
Information for training providers and companies
Want to organise exams for several people? We can offer simultaneous group exams so that the whole group can get certified together, for example following a course. Contact us to reserve a group appointment or to order vouchers for consolidated billing.
What is the procedure of booking and taking a remote-proctored exam?
- Register for your exam on this page – let us know when you want to take your exam, and we’ll need some personal information.
- Once we confirm your appointment, your exam will be set up and you will receive all necessary information by email, including your exam link and login credentials.
- Optional: test your system – we especially recommend doing this if you need to use a work computer or network with restrictions for your exam. Your registration confirmation email contains all necessary information on arranging this.
- Take your exam – connect to the exam portal shortly before your appointment, and our invigilator will conduct an ID and room check before starting your exam. For more information on the procedure of the exam itself please see our screenshots and descriptions of the remote exam.
- After you have completed your exam the result will be displayed on the screen. You can now close the exam window.
- If you passed the exam you will receive your digital certificate (including online verification) and we will submit your entry into the ISTQB’s successful candidate register on the same day. Your printed certificate should arrive by post shortly afterwards.
When can I take my exam?
We are generally able to offer candidates their choice of exam appointment. With your registration you can request your preferred date and time. If your preferred appointment is not available on our registration page (e.g. last-minute appointments or evening or weekend exams) please contact us.
What do I need in order to take a remote exam? What are the technical requirements?
Remote-proctored exams with Certible are web-based and require no installation. All desktop operating systems are supported as long as our basic technical requirements are met:
- One of our supported browsers:
- Stable, high-speed, unrestricted* internet connection
* If you need to take your exam using a computer or network with restrictions in place (e.g. a work device, network or VPN), we strongly recommend testing your system before your exam. Your exam confirmation email includes all the necesssary information.
In what countries does Certible offer remote-proctored ISTQB exams?
If your country is not listed in our registratioan form please contact us for availability.
What does certification cost?
Please select your certificate and country in our registration form to view prices.
How can I prepare for my ISTQB Certified Tester exam
To help you prepare for your exam we can recommend attending a training course provided by an accredited training provider.
There is also a wealth of officially-endorsed self-study literature ranging from the syllabus and glossary to books and practice exams.
Whichever ISTQB Certified Tester certification you want to prepare for, it’s worth consulting the ISTQB Glossary, which is applicable to all Certified Tester examinations and literature.
Certified Tester Foundation Level
The ISTQB helps you in taking the CT Foundation Level exam by providing you all the essential and latest documents in its download section. It offers you the exam structure and rules, as well as the Foundation Level syllabus, which is also available as an E-Book in two formats – free of charge. Independent of format, the syllabus covers all the relevant training topics, making it an ideal resource for your self-study.
For candidates wanting an even more in-depth preparation for the CT Foundation Level exam we recommend reading into Software Testing Foundations, A Study Guide for the Certified Tester Exam by Andreas Spillner, Tilo Linz, and Hans Schaefer. This study guide is ISTQB compliant and also mentions the latest updates to the Certified Tester syllabus.
Certified Tester FL Agile Extension
Just like for the Foundation Level the ISTQB enables you to prepare for the Agile Extension exam by providing you the syllabus for the Agile Extension. Being also the source for trainers to structure their courses, it serves candidates very well in their exam preparation – whether individually or accompanying a training.
For an in-depth learning guide that covers the ISTQB syllabus for Agile Software Testing we recommend Testing in Scrum, A Guide for Software Quality Assurance in the Agile World by Tilo Linz. The book is relevant for both students preparing and trainers structuring courses for an Agile Extension exam.
Certified Tester Advanced Level
If you are a holder of a CT Foundation Level certificate you are eligible to continue on to the Advanced Level certifications, of which there are currently three in the core part. For each of them the ISTQB provides a comprehensive syllabus, which is available free to download here. Additionally, the ISTQB enables you to advance your preparation for an Advanced Level exam with sets of sample questions for each of the three core Advanced Levels:
- Sample questions CTAL Test Manager
- Sample questions CTAL Test Analyst
- Sample questions CTAL Technical Test Analyst
Also candiates preparing for a CT Advanced Level exam have a selection of in-depth learning guides at hand that are aligned with the corresponding ISTQB syllabus. Each of the following books also includes sample questions at the appropriate level of difficulty to advance your self-study as efficient as possible.
For the CTAL Test Manager we recommend reading into Advanced Software Testing Vol. 2, 2nd Edition, Guide to the ISTQB Advanced Certification as an Advanced Test Manager by Rex Black.
For the CTAL Test Analyst we recommend reading into Advanced Software Testing Vol. 1, 2nd Edition, Guide to the ISTQB Advanced Certification as an Advanced Test Analyst by Rex Black.
For the CTAL Technical Test Analyst we recommend reading into Advanced Software Testing Vol. 3, 2nd Edition, Guide to the ISTQB Advanced Certification as an Advanced Technical Test Analyst by Rex Black and Jamie L Mitchell.